During the Bronze Age royalty would gather at the Hill of Tara to honor the passing of someone whom they respected. The Hill of Tara is the source of many Celtic legend. The ancient Irish site has chariot roads, which radiate throughout Ireland. Your guide will take you on a walking tour across this spectacular hill to the Lia Fail or Stone of Destiny, which was the centre of early kingship and ritual, where contenders had to circle their chariots around the stone until their hubs screeched against its granite base. Our guide will also take you through a churchyard to see a figure carved into stone, which is thought to be that off Cernunnos, the God of the Celts. Explore the mound of the hostages, which became the tomb of a young princess who was buried with a semi-precious necklace, which was possibly from Egypt. This is a remarkable location in the centre of Ireland, enjoy remarkable vistas across 23 of Ireland’s 32 Counties. This is an area of outstanding natural beauty located in County Meath Ireland. Join us today on a fully guided day tour and follow in the footsteps of our ancestors as we discover 4000 years of History.
To book your seat with us call Day Tours Unplugged on +35318340941 or simply make a secure online booking today. During this day tour we will also visit Newgrange, and Monasterboice, home to Ireland’s most spectacular Celtic crosses.
Wicklow Day Tour Day Tours Unplugged
- Belfast Titanic day tour
- bus tours ireland
- Cruise Ship Day tours in Dublin Ireland
- Did You Know?
- dublin tours
- Famous Irish people
- Free things to do in Dublin
- Half day tours from Dublin
- Irish castle tours from Dublin
- Private fully guided day tours from Dublin
- Sports Stadiums Dublin Ireland
- Titanic 2012
- UNESCO heritage sites Ireland
- Visiting Dublin Ireland
- Wicklow film locations
- Wicklow Glendalough day tour
- Awards Belfast Titanic day tour bus tours ireland Cruise Ship Day tours in Dublin Ireland Did You Know? Dublin dublin tours Famous Irish people Free things to do in Dublin Half day tours from Dublin Irish castle tours from Dublin News Private fully guided day tours from Dublin Sports Stadiums Dublin Ireland Titanic 2012 UNESCO heritage sites Ireland Visiting Dublin Ireland Wicklow film locations Wicklow Glendalough day tour