Irish National Stud & Japanese Gardens
The farm, purchased by Colonel William Hall Walker at the turn of the 20th century, is now owned by the Irish people but is run as a commercial entity, its management working hard to maintain its competitiveness in a major global industry in which Ireland has long played a leading role alongside Britain, France, the USA and Australia.
Sea The Stars, horse of the year in 2009, is among the champions to have been born and raised on the Tully land, on which King Edward VII’s Minoru spent the early part of a life that peaked when he won the Epsom Derby exactly 100 years before Sea The Stars triumphed in the very same race.
Sun Chariot, also born and bred at the Irish National Stud, became one of the very few horses ever to complete the fillies’ Triple Crown when mopping up the 1942 1,000 Guineas, Oaks and St. Leger for King George VI. Almost seven decades later, in May 2011, his daughter, Queen Elizabeth II, visited the Irish National stud farm, once again highlighting that the Irish National Stud’s importance stretches far beyond the confines of Ireland. To arrange a private visit http://www.daytoursunplugged.ie/private-tour-shore-excursions/irish-national-stud-farm.747.html
Wicklow Day Tour Day Tours Unplugged
- Belfast Titanic day tour
- bus tours ireland
- Cruise Ship Day tours in Dublin Ireland
- Did You Know?
- dublin tours
- Famous Irish people
- Free things to do in Dublin
- Half day tours from Dublin
- Irish castle tours from Dublin
- Private fully guided day tours from Dublin
- Sports Stadiums Dublin Ireland
- Titanic 2012
- UNESCO heritage sites Ireland
- Visiting Dublin Ireland
- Wicklow film locations
- Wicklow Glendalough day tour
- Awards Belfast Titanic day tour bus tours ireland Cruise Ship Day tours in Dublin Ireland Did You Know? Dublin dublin tours Famous Irish people Free things to do in Dublin Half day tours from Dublin Irish castle tours from Dublin News Private fully guided day tours from Dublin Sports Stadiums Dublin Ireland Titanic 2012 UNESCO heritage sites Ireland Visiting Dublin Ireland Wicklow film locations Wicklow Glendalough day tour